CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

This past weekend our long run was 8 miles. My ankle was all better, but I had only run once during the week so I was a little apprehensive. Luckily I found another person in the same boat (they hadn't run all that much during the week) so we ran together. We ran non-stop for the first 4 miles or so. Then we took a couple of walking breaks. I think all in all, I ran 6..5 or 7 miles which isn't too bad, considering how behind I was. I'm determined not to get behind this week. The next long run is 9 miles. They're not getting any easier, so I need to suck it up and make sure I get all my runs in. I've been really good about going to all the group runs, but not as good when running on my own. On Monday morning I got up to go to an early spin class before work. The instructor was someone I had never been to before and she kicked our butts! I didn't like how she increased the tension. Most instructors tell you how many times to spin the tension dial. She just told us to do easy medium or hard (or hard medium, easy medium, etc). I had a hard time figuring out where that was for me. Maybe I just need to take more classes to get the hang of it. Tuesday morning was another 4 am day. I met a girl from our group at a running trail. We couldn't decided if we were going to run 4 or 5 miles. I mentioned that if we did 5, we would reach the water fountain and get a water break. We got to the end of the trail and tried the water fountain and it was frozen! No water would come out. I guess I should have expected that since it was 29 degrees. That's definitely the coldest weather I've run in yet. Today was a sleep in day since I'm running after work instead of before. It was definitely nice to not have to get up before the crack of dawn. The plan for the rest of the week is 4 miles today, spin class tomorrow morning, 4 mile Friday morning, and then the long run on Saturday. I'm sure I'll be taking a long nap Saturday after the run.

0 comments: