CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 10, 2010

*cough*hack*wheeze*

Bet you thought I disappeared again!  I haven't been able to run since my last post because I've been hit with a virus of some sort.  I started feeling bad over the weekend and six days later I'm still not back to normal.  I'm getting there though.  I went to the doctor two days ago.  They tested me for strep and the flu, both which came back negative.  I got a steroid shot, some antibiotics (which wreak havoc on my stomach) and some cough syrup.  My blood pressure was high though, which was kind of concerning to me.  It's normally on the low end.  They measured it at 140/95.  And they did it twice just to make sure.  So that's not good.  They told me to do a follow up on that after I'm well again.  I hope it was just stress from being sick and not something else going on. 

We have another group run tomorrow and I'm hoping I'll be able to make it.  I haven't run in a week and I feel myself slipping behind the group.  I don't want to push it though.  I have asthma so when I get sick, if it gets in my chest I'm in a for a somewhat longer recovery.  We'll see how I feel in the morning!

0 comments: