CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I've just confirmed what I've thought all along. If I don't have a race that I'm training for, I don't run at all. I just took two weeks off of running. Didn't run at all. The only type of exercise I did during this time was one spin class. I feel like a blob. So last night I went to the Wednesday evening group run at the Trak Shak in Homewood. It's the first run after Daylight Saving Time so it was still light out and the weather was gorgeous. So there were a lot of people. I chose to just do the three mile route, since it's been so long. I felt like I was going to die towards the end. I think the heat was affecting me too. I'm just not used to running in it.

I'm meeting some people to run again this afternoon after work. There are group runs scheduled on Saturday and Sunday that I'm going to try to make.

My friend Katie is thinking about running a half marathon on April 12th in Charlotte. She kind of got behind in her training, so she's not sure if she'll be ready. If she's not, then she'll run one there in June. Whichever one she chooses, I'm going to drive up there and run it with her.

0 comments: